- Appoints Richard Andrew Managing Director, Armay Guo Regional Business Development Head
- AI marketing platform provides international brands with real-time connections to China’s highly desired consumers
- China’s recovery will spur global luxury and travel demand; Chinese consumers account for 35-percent of global luxury goods sales; US$127 billion in outbound travel expenditures.
SINGAPORE, 23 April 2020 –– Leading AI marketing platform EternityX (eternityx.com) has expanded to Singapore, naming Mr. Richard Andrew Managing Director, Southeast Asia and Australia. Richard is responsible for driving Southeast Asia and Australia’s strategy and business expansion, helping marketers to target the complex, lucrative China digital market, as China begins its post-COVID-19 recovery. Armay Guo has been named Regional Business Development Head SEA, working alongside Richard. Headquartered in Hong Kong, EternityX has offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, New York and now Singapore.
In 2018 EternityX grew out of Chinese marketing firm BiddingX, which has over 50 industry awards. EternityX enables agencies and brands to effectively reach hundreds of millions of Chinese consumers in a cost- and time-effective manner. EternityX’s premium media inventory reaches more than 90-percent of China’s netizens through such partners as ByteDance, Tencent, Alibaba and WeChat.
EternityX CEO Charlene Ree noted that demand is building once again in China. “China is beginning its recovery, with the state and private sector boosting consumers. Local governments are issuing US$700 million worth of prepaid vouchers to consumers. Private mall owner Dalian Wanda Commercial Management Group issued US$28 million of coupons.
“And the Chinese consumer is ready to buy! In an April 2020 consumer survey, McKinsey found 47% of China consumers are ‘optimistic’, expecting the economy to rebound in two to three months, and grow as strongly or stronger than before. The Hermes flagship store in Guangzhou recently sold US$2.7 million of luxury products on its first day of reopening!”, noted Ms Ree.
EternityX’s clients include some of the world’s most-recognized luxury and travel brands, including Shiseido Group, L’Oreal Group, Richemont Group, Singapore Airlines, Qatar Airways, Hilton Hotel Group and Shangri-La Hotel Groups.
China is the world’s largest source of international tourism. Chinese nationals were the biggest group of international travellers in 2019, spending US$128 billion globally. Bain and Company’s recent report on Chinese luxury spending says the China consumer accounted for 35-percent of the value of luxury goods sold worldwide, while McKinsey predicts that by 2025 they will account for almost two-thirds of global growth in luxury spending.
“I am extremely excited to be joining EternityX and use my strong understanding of the Asia market and deep knowledge of data driven marketing to drive the business to the next stage of growth in the Asia market. Travel and luxury brands, in particular, have an incredible opportunity to connect with Chinese consumers in the coming months as China opens up to the world,” said Richard Andrew, Managing Director of Southeast Asia and Australia. “During these challenging times brands are more and more focused on business outcomes to measure the success of their marketing initiatives. , and I believe EternityX’ s results- orientated data- driven technology and China expertise will can help our clients overcome the current obstacles and deliver a competitive advantage.”
EternityX Client Case Studies
Two recent campaigns demonstrate EternityX’s multi-dimensional profiling and targeting capabilities.
- In 2019 Marina Bay Sands worked with EternityX to promote and drive bookings at the prestigious Singapore hotel. The target audience were Luxury Chinese Travellers, with high spending power, based in Chinese cities with a direct connecting flight, who were either planning or had already booked a trip to Singapore. Utilizing the EternityX network with 1st party data and search keywords to create a bespoke audience pools of intended travellers and confirmed travellers, EternityX exceeded its key performance indicators by delivering a positive ROI of 1:1.16 and driving qualified leads to the client’s website.
- In another campaign, for Bulgari, EternityX targeted affluent and high-net worth Chinese travellers who had monthly spending of up to $30,000, interests in outbound travel and luxury shopping, and intentions to travel to France, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, United States, Korea, United Arab Emirates, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and Singapore. Utilizing the Eternity X data- driven technology and deployment of strict brand safety measures, EternityX was able reach over 16 million travellers both pre- trip in China. and oOnce they arrived in one of these countries, EternityX further targeted them through Bulgari- and competitor-related keyword searches on Baidu in order to send them to a specific store. With a strategic combination of native ads, display banners and splash ads, EternityX was able to reach over 70% of the target audience, minimise IVT traffic to 8% and earned a 50% higher engagement rate than expected.
“We help brands remain top of mind among China consumers through our highly advanced platform, professional insights and unparalleled inventory, delivering cost-effective, successful campaigns. Our extensive experience in the Chinese market puts us in the best position to assist brands in harnessing the full potential of the tourism revival,” said Charlene Ree, CEO, EternityX.
EternityX is one of China’s leading marketing technology platforms. Backed by an AI-powered performance-driven algorithm, it effectively connects global brands and agencies with Chinese consumers in real-time through targeted premium sites and apps.
Background on the EternityX Team
Charlene Ree is a growth-centric serial entrepreneur, Ms. Ree began her career at top New York City media and advertising firms. In 2009 she founded Httpool, one of Hong Kong’s leading cross-channel advertising networks and performance providers. She is currently EternityX’ s Chief Executive Officer.
Richard Andrew has held senior positions at such companies as Amobee, Microsoft, and Yahoo!. Prior to his appointment as EternityX Managing Director of Southeast Asia and Australia, Andrew oversaw operations across Asia as Managing Director of Blis. Armay Guo, who was named EternityX Regional Business Development Head SEA, has worked in sales and marketing for more than two decades.
Originating from China, Armay started her media and advertising career in Shanghai. In 2007, Armay moved to Singapore, joining Yahoo! South East Asia as Head of Strategy. She further developed her skills with Socialbakers as Regional Director of Partnership JAPAC, helping agencies and brands to better manage the social media channels through data driven strategies. In 2016, Armay joined Brightcove as Regional Sales.